Be a part of the inaugural Macedon Ranges Autumn Festival and shine the spotlight on all that is great about the Macedon Ranges during its premier season.
An initiative of the Macedon Ranges Visitor Economy Strategy, the Autumn Festival will showcase local producers and businesses, and encourage community and visitors alike to engage in the diversity of experiences to be had across the shire.
Events and promotions are considered an important part of our COVID-19 recovery, as they stimulate the local economy, energise communities and add to the vibrancy of life in the Macedon Ranges.
Local businesses, community groups and locals are encouraged to participate in, and add to, the growing calendar of events and promotions, and help support business recovery following the impacts of COVID-19.
The plan for this first festival is simple:
- Promote existing events and those businesses who have autumn promotions and activities planned.
- Support five township events across the shire – think street closure with outdoor dining, entertainment, lighting
- Encourage new events, promotions and activities to join the autumn program.
We’ve already got a strong line-up of events, and promotions scheduled, so let’s work together to launch the festival in 2021, with a vision to grow it in future years and make it the signature event for our shire.
Get on the program by letting us know about your autumn-themed event or promotion. From small ideas, big things grow.
Whether you ‘autumn-up’ your retail window, promote an autumn-themed cocktail or are holding a cool autumn event, tour, exhibition or workshop – it all contributes to a festival vibe and provides an incentive for visitors - and locals too - to explore further, stay longer and spend more.
Think about how you can add an autumnal twist to your business, and how you can collaborate with others.
Some basic ideas include:
- If you’re a bar or restaurant - Promote an autumn-themed special.
- If you’re a café or bakery - Promote a unique pie or pastry with an autumn theme.
- If you’re a restaurant, cellar door or winery – Work together to promote an autumn degustation menu and wine pairing or a progressive town dinner.
- If you’re an artisan, gallery or chef – Hold an autumn-themed workshop – the class itself doesn’t necessarily need to be about autumn, it could be about the setting.
- If you’re an artist or designer – Consider an autumn-themed art installation.
- If you’re a yoga instructor –Consider a yoga session or retreat under the autumn leaves.
If you’re not a tourism business or event
Any business can get involved to help generate the autumn buzz, whether you are a local retailer or service provider:
- Decorate your shop window display and go in the running to win a mid-week night’s accommodation at Braeside Mt Macedon Country Retreat.
- Highlight a special on an ‘autumn related’ product.
- Engage via social media as outlined above.
- Display the autumn poster and stickers
If you are a community group with an autumn activity planned, you are encouraged to join as well.
- Dedicated Autumn Festival landing page on the shire’s official tourism website, Visit Macedon Ranges with a program of events and promotions.
- Town entry signs across the shire
- Autumn Festival posters
- Sponsored township events
- Promotional collaborations with Daylesford Macedon Ranges Tourism
- Boosted posts and paid ad campaigns via our official social pages on Facebook and Instagram
- Event listings on Visit Macedon Ranges - what's on, linking to your own event ticketing page, social page or website
- Festival promotion via our e-newsletter to over 13,000 Visit Macedon Ranges subscribers
- Press releases
All events and promotions will point to a dedicated autumn festival page on our official tourism website Visit Macedon Ranges. This page will list your activity/event on the program of autumn events and point through to your event or business listing.
The first step is to get your event or promotion on the events program.
List your event now
We'd also love to offer you as much promotion as possible. If your business is not yet listed on Visit Macedon Ranges please take a few minutes to add it. All business listings are free.
List your business now
Already have a business listing? Make sure it's up-to-date. Log into the Visit Macedon Ranges dashboard
Once we get your event or promotion listed on the autumn program, you will have access to the Festival Marketing Kit. The kit includes a range of digital and print promotional resources for you to use.
If you have a business listing on Visit Macedon Ranges, you will have access to a range of digital images ready-to-go under the 'Operator Resources' tab in the dashboard.
Once you have logged in at Visit Macedon Ranges dashboard click on 'Operator Resources' in the left side panel. In the image library you will find:
- A couple of different sized banners for use on your website homepage
- Artwork to use as a banner or image on an e-newsletter to your database
- A digital poster that can be uploaded to a page on your website (in landscape and portrait format)
- Festival artwork sized for Facebook, Instagram and Instagram story posts
- Autumn leaf graphic (one with solid white background) and .png files with transparent backgrounds that you can add to your website, menus or your own event promotional material. You can even overlay on the top of your event image when posting on social media.
Alternatively, you can download these assets here.
Print resources include:
- A3 posters for your windows and walls
- Beautiful autumn window decals (easy to remove)
- Autumn leaf wall and pavement decals (easy to remove)
- Small stickers that could be used on menus or price lists
- DL size flyers with a blank area to write a special autumn themed menu item or promotion
- Postcards for general brand awareness/merchandising of the festival
For queries or to register your interest in the printed kits, please email email@example.com.
Kits will be available for pick up from the Kyneton and Woodend Visitor Information Centres on the following dates and times:
- March: Wednesday 24 to Monday 29 March, 10am to 3pm
- Throughout April: Thursday to Monday, 10am to 3pm
Please email all enquires to firstname.lastname@example.org and the relevant member of our festival team will get back to you to assist.
To help your idea become a reality, or to value-add to your existing event, funding support of up to $5,000 per event is available from Council's Event Recovery Fund. Why not consider some of the following:
- Hire a local musician to perform at your restaurant, bar or cellar door
- Hire an installation or event lighting
- Hire an entertainer or key-note speaker
- Invite a celebrity chef to create a special dish or complete Autumn menu
- Develop some marketing materials
- General assistance to host a workshop or class
- Hire an event manger
It’s an easy application process, click here for details.
Spread the word
Help get the word out – share this with as many other people you know!