This award-winning initiative aims to increase understanding, reduce stigma and improve mental health knowledge in our shire. The Live4Life initiative is run in five secondary schools in the Macedon Ranges:
- Braemar College
- Gisborne Secondary College
- Kyneton Secondary College
- Sacred Heart College
- Sunbury and Macedon Ranges Specialist School - Bullengarook campus
The crew is a group of motivated young people interested in making change in their community by promoting positive mental health among their peers.
To be part of the crew, you must:
- be in Year 9 or Year 10
- attend one of the five Live4Life schools
- attend regular meetings after school and or during school holidays at the Youth Space in Kyneton
- be willing to get involved in the presentation of the launch, competition and celebration events
- participate in leadership training
- have an interest in positive mental health promotion.
Visit the Live4Life website to find out more about this award winning initiative or call our Youth team on (03) 5422 0333.
Get involved and be proactive in understanding mental health issues affecting young people. We offer Youth Mental Health First Aid courses throughout the year.
We acknowledge the important role that a family plays in the health and wellbeing of their young people. We can provide information and referrals for additional support to parents and carers if needed. Contact the Youth team on (03) 5422 0221.