VicSmart is a fast-track process for eligible straightforward planning permit applications.
Key features of VicSmart include:
- A 10 business day permit process*
- Applications are not advertised to the public
- Information that applicants are required to submit is predetermined.
* If an application is submitted without all required information, the 10 business day period will be extended.
More information: Applicant’s Guide to Lodging a VicSmart Application(PDF, 362KB)
WHICH APPLICATIONS ARE ELIGIBLE?
Not all applications are eligible for VicSmart. Eligibility depends on a range of factors including:
- The type and scale of development that you want a permit for,
- The planning zone and overlays for your property (you can check these at Department of Environment, Land, Water and Planning); and
- Any restrictions on the title for your property (you can purchase a current copy of your title from Landata).
To check if your application qualifies for VicSmart:
Application for a VicSmart Planning Permit(PDF, 594KB) / Application for a VicSmart Planning Permit(PDF, 594KB)
Complete the application form and email to email@example.com. You can also submit by post or in person.
Don't forget to attach:
- a complete and current copy of title documents (available from Landata); and
- supporting documents such as plans (see below for checklists of required information).
Application fees are within Class 7 - Class 10 of the Fee Schedule(DOCX, 138KB) / Fee Schedule(PDF, 185KB) . Call (03) 5422 0333 to pay over the phone.
These checklists specify the information required to be submitted with different types of VicSmart applications. If you do not submit all required information with your application the Planning Officer may contact you to request further information. This will extend the processing time for your application.
- Subdivide land to realign the common boundary between two lots(PDF, 27KB)
- Subdivide land into lots each containing an existing building or car park space(PDF, 26KB)
- Subdivide land with an approved development into two lots(PDF, 27KB)
- Construct a front fence in a residential zone(PDF, 24KB)
- Construct a building or construct or carry out works in a zone (other than a rural zone)(PDF, 28KB)
- Construct a building or works in an overlay(PDF, 27KB)
- Remove, destroy or lop one tree(PDF, 25KB)
- Minor subdivision, minor buildings and works, painting or tree lopping in a Heritage Overlay(PDF, 26KB)
- Display a sign in a commercial, industrial, or special purpose zone(PDF, 24KB)
- Reduce a car parking requirement(PDF, 24KB)
- Reduce or waive loading/unloading requirements(PDF, 24KB)
- Subdivide land into two lots in a rural zone(PDF, 24KB)
- Construct a building or works in a rural zone(PDF, 24KB)
- Extension to one dwelling on a lot in a residential zone(PDF, 30KB)