If you run a business and would like to place goods, signs and/or outdoor eating areas on Council land or footpaths, you must apply for a Roadside and Footpath Trading Permit.
Public safety, amenity, and vision for motorists and cyclists must be taken into consideration. See Section 5 of Council's Local Law No. 10(DOCX, 2MB) / Local Law No. 10(PDF, 1MB) and Vision Australia Policy
- Have and submit proof of a current public liability insurance policy of no less than $10 million.
- Submit a detailed map of where items are to be displayed.
- Comply with the permit requirements
- Comply with the requirements set out in the Roadside and Footpath Trading Policy and all other Council Policies
- Comply with any other requirements set out in the Local Law
- Renew your permit annually.
Failure to adhere to the above requirements may result in permit refusal or revocation.
Check our Permit Fees page for applicable fees.
To apply for a permit, complete a Roadside and Footpath Trading application form(DOCX, 268KB) / Roadside and Footpath Trading application form(PDF, 273KB) and return it to Council in person or by mail, along with a copy of your current public liability insurance.
To renew a permit, fill out the renewal form which is sent to you, and return it to Council along with a copy of your current public liability insurance.
You can pay your renewal fee:
- Online: Pay online by credit card (Visa or Mastercard only)
- In person: Council Service Centres by cash, cheque or EFTPOS
- By post: Post your renewal notice and credit card details or cheque/money order (made payable to Macedon Ranges Shire Council) to PO Box 151, Kyneton, VIC 3444.