2021 Youth Award Nominations are now open!
The Macedon Ranges Youth Awards are about acknowledging and celebrating the achievements and success of young people in the Macedon Ranges. Hundreds of young people have been recognised by the Macedon Ranges Youth Awards since they began in 2006.
The Awards recognise the significant contribution young people make to the life of the community and society more broadly, and are an encouragement for them to continue to strive for their best, doing what they love and enjoy.
The Macedon Ranges Youth Awards will be held on Wednesday 15 September. All categories of the Macedon Ranges Youth Awards are open to young people 12-25 years of age who live, work or study in the Macedon Ranges. Nominations are open until Sunday 8 August.
In 2021 young people will be recognised in the following categories:
- Will power: young people who show real character and perseverance, especially in the face of adversity;
- Good deeds: young people who give their time and energy to activities that support the wellbeing of another individual, group or community;
- Pure imagination: young people pursuing their passion for creativity through the arts;
- Nicely played: young people kicking recreational and physical activity goals;
- Skilling it: young people excelling in a mentorship program, workplace or business;
- Well aware: young people who shine light on important issues/social causes, and raise awareness in the community.
Submit a nomination
Nominate a young person, or a group of young people.
This year nominations in each category will be considered by a panel of judges. These panels are made up of young community members, Youth Services staff, another Council representative, and a community member from one of our partner organisations or other relevant community groups.
For more information, call Terence at Youth Services on 0419 845 397 or email email@example.com
The 2020 Macedon Ranges Youth Award winners were:
- Will power – Michael Smith
- Nicely played – Daniel Smyth and Isaac Fletcher
- Good deeds – Shyla McPhail
- Skilling it – Kirk Close
- Well aware – Kyle Hayes
- Pure imagination – Monet Lewis and Emily Medbury