Floods and storms

Storms and floods are a serious threat to property and life and can occur at any time of the year.  

You can help to stay safe by following these tips:

  • Download the Vic Emergency App
  • Tune in to ABC radio (ABC 774) for updates and weather warnings
  • Regularly check the Bureau of Meteorology (BOM)
  • Make sure your emergency kit is ready and easily accessible
  • Secure all loose outdoor furniture and objects
  • Make sure your pets and animals are safely sheltered
  • Disconnect electrical appliances that are not in use
  • Clear all guttering and downpipes
  • Never enter canals, streams or rivers when in flood
  • Never enter flood waters. This includes waterways and roads.

For assistance during a flood or storm, call the State Emergency Service (SES) on 13 25 00

For more tips on how to prepare for a floods and storms, visit the SES website