We work with a range of industry networks who provide support and advice to Council and assist with the implementation of strategy actions.
Daylesford Macedon Tourism (DMT)
Daylesford Macedon Tourism is the peak industry body for tourism in the Daylesford and Macedon Ranges region, that works cooperatively with Council via a memorandum of understanding. They are an independent body focusing on the development and growth of the tourism industry, strategic tourism investment and advocacy.
Their role is to provide strategies, guidance and foster a united, engaged and successful industry, and achieve this by working with all key stakeholders to ensure a consistent approach to tourism development and marketing across the region.
Tourism Macedon Ranges Inc. (TMR)
Tourism Macedon Ranges Inc. (TMR) is a local not for profit association. It is the peak representative tourism body for businesses involved in the tourism industry within the Macedon Ranges Shire.
TMR works with Macedon Ranges Shire Council, via a memorandum of understanding, to assist with the development and implementation of the Macedon Ranges Visitor Economy Strategy 2019-2029.
Working collaboratively with Council’s tourism unit, TMR provides Council with:
- input and assistance with strategic planning
- support with implementation and prioritising actions of the Visitor Economy Strategy 2019-2029
- industry research and intelligence
- advice and support for tourism-related activities in the shire
- development of business partnerships and strengthening cohesion of the tourism industry.