Fireworks and thunderstorms

Loud noises such as fireworks and thunderstorms can be frightening for animals such as dogs, cats and horses. 

Council often uses Facebook and Twitter to advise pet owners of fireworks happening throughout the shire so be sure to follow us.

Here are some links to information about how to prepare and secure your animals during these times.

It’s also important that you ensure your pet’s microchip and registration details are up-to-date so that it’s easier for our rangers to reunite them with you if they do happen to escape.

Note: a Council permit isn’t required in Macedon Ranges for a firework display. To use fireworks, the operator must hold a pyrotechnician licence, notify Worksafe Victoria in advance of the display, and ensure they comply with a range of legislative requirements – more information is available from Worksafe Victoria. If you have a concern about fireworks at an event we recommend you contact the event organiser or venue manager.