Food and alcohol at public events

If you are holding a public event and are going to be serving food and or alcohol, you must ensure you have obtained the appropriate permits.

Food and drinks (non-alcoholic)

If you are serving or selling food or non-alcoholic drinks from tents, stalls, mobile vans and vending machines at your event, you must:

In some cases sellers may already have a valid permit. You will need to make sure they provide a copy of their valid permit to us.


If you are serving or selling alcohol, including wine tastings, you must:

Check that no other restrictions apply by calling our Planning Department on (03) 5422 0333.