This award-winning initiative aims to increase understanding, reduce stigma and improve mental health knowledge in our shire. The Live4Life initiative is run in five secondary schools in the Macedon Ranges:
- Braemar College
- Gisborne Secondary College
- Kyneton Secondary College
- Sacred Heart College
- Sunbury and Macedon Ranges Specialist School - Bullengarook campus
Year 8 students participate in Live4Life through their school and will get to:
- attend exciting events like the launch and end of year celebration
- learn about mental health in their classrooms and beyond
- enter the Live4Life competition (held from July–September every year)
- have the opportunity to join the Live4Life Crew in Year 9 to represent their school, learn leadership opportunities and mentor younger students.
Teen Mental Health First Aid is also delivered to all Year 11 students so that they can provide mental health first aid to their friends.
Get involved and be proactive in understanding mental health issues affecting young people. We offer Youth Mental Health First Aid courses throughout the year.
We acknowledge the important role that a family plays in the health and wellbeing of their young people. We can provide information and referrals for additional support to parents and carers if needed. Contact the Youth Development unit on (03) 5422 0221.
Local parent resources and support
Other resources and contacts