New roads

When there is a request or need for the construction or upgrade of road, footpath or drainage infrastructure that will benefit a defined group of properties (e.g. a particular street), the usual practice is for Council to partially fund the works and seek landowner co-contributions through a 'Special Charge Scheme.'

The process, amount of contribution and legislation for establishing these schemes is explained in Council's Special Charge Scheme for Infrastructure Works Policy.

For more information, contact us on (03) 5422 0333.

Other road requests?

Call our customer service team on (03) 5422 0333.