Be a part of the 2022 Macedon Ranges Autumn Festival and shine the spotlight on all that is great about the Macedon Ranges during its premier season.
An initiative of the Macedon Ranges Visitor Economy Strategy, the 2022 Autumn Festival will showcase local producers and businesses, and encourage community and visitors alike to engage in the diversity of experiences to be had across the shire.
Events and promotions are considered an important part of our COVID-19 recovery, as they stimulate the local economy, energise communities and add to the vibrancy of life in the Macedon Ranges.
The Autumn Festival consists of events, workshops, creative installations, tours and itineraries to encourage dispersal of visitors throughout the shire from late March to late April.
The festival event and workshop calendar is driven by local businesses, community groups, creatives and locals, and supported by Council through funding opportunities and promotion.
To help plan for 2022, Council is seeking feedback and ideas from the community. Please complete the short survey if you’d like to contribute. Feedback open until 5pm on Friday 13 August.
The plan for the 2022 Autumn Festival is simple:
- Promote existing events and those businesses who have autumn promotions and activities planned.
- Encourage new events, promotions, creative installations and activities to join the autumn program.
- Promote autumn-themed itineraries to encourage visitor dispersal across the shire.
- Encourage local businesses to add to the festival atmosphere and theme with shopfront window displays, special autumn promotions and autumn-inspired food and drink.
Council looks forward to working with businesses, community groups and creative industries to grow upon the inaugural 2021 Autumn Festival, with the vision to make this a signature event for our shire.
There are a number of ways you can get involved in the 2022 Autumn Festival.
Submit an event or workshop to feature on the Festival Program
A link will be available on this site in the coming months to upload your event or workshop to feature on the festival program. The event must be a clearly defined experience or activity and align with our key visitor economy pillars:
- Arts, culture and makers
- Nature and the outdoors
- Historic villages
- Food, wine and ferments
- Relax and unwind (accommodation)
Applications for funding to support your event concept will also be available soon.
You don't have to hold an event or workshop to get involved
Any business or community group can get involved to help generate the autumn buzz and create a festival atmosphere across the shire.
- Decorate your shop window with an autumn theme
- Propose an autumn-themed art installation
- Promote an ‘autumn-related’ product. eg. garden rakes for autumn leaves or an autumn-inspired pie
- Promote an autumn-inspired food or drink menu or a festival special
- Display Autumn Festival promotional collateral such as poster and stickers
More details about how you can get involved will be added to this page in the coming months.
- Dedicated Autumn Festival landing page on the shire’s official tourism website, Visit Macedon Ranges with a program of events and promotions.
- Town entry signs across the shire
- Autumn Festival posters
- Sponsored township events
- Promotional collaborations with Daylesford Macedon Ranges Tourism
- Boosted posts and paid ad campaigns via our official social pages on Facebook and Instagram
- Event listings on Visit Macedon Ranges - what's on, linking to your own event ticketing page, social page or website
- Festival promotion via our e-newsletter to over 13,000 Visit Macedon Ranges subscribers
- Press releases
All events and promotions will point to a dedicated autumn festival page on our official tourism website Visit Macedon Ranges. This page will list your activity/event on the program of autumn events and point through to your event or business listing.
A link will be available on this page in the coming months that will enable you to submit your event, tour or workshop to appear on the Autumn Festival web page and print program.
Please email all enquires to email@example.com and the relevant member of our festival team will get back to you to assist.