Meet other new parents in relaxed, friendly and inclusive environments. Our maternal and child health service runs free new parents' groups for first time parents. Our supported playgroup is a free supported playgroup and runs each week during school terms.
New parent group
Council offers first time parents and guardians the opportunity to participate in a facilitated new parent group, to meet other new parents, share experiences and receive first time parenting support.
The groups run for five weeks and covers topics such as transition to parenthood, sleep and settling, feeding and nutrition, and accessing community services.
New groups start at various times throughout the year and run over five weeks, facilitated by a maternal and child health nurse.
As a first-time parent, you will be invited to join a new parent group by your maternal and child health nurse.
Smalltalk is a free supported playgroup for parents, carers and children. It’s a friendly, relaxed and inclusive playgroup that runs each week during school terms. Smalltalk is run by a trained facilitator.
At each session:
- Parents and carers have fun with their child or children
- Babies, toddlers and pre-schoolers play and learn together
- Ideas are shared to support children’s learning and development.
Sessions are held at the following venues:
- Woodend Playgroup, 45 Forest Street, Woodend. Wednesday mornings from 9am–10.30am.
- Romsey Community Hub, 96-100 Main Road, Romsey. Friday mornings from 9.30am–11am.
To find out more and or to get involved, call Anna Wylie on 0436 839 819 or email email@example.com
Other groups and activities