Council offers first time parents and guardians the opportunity to participate in a facilitated new parent group, to meet other new parents, share experiences and receive first time parenting support.
The groups run for six to eight weeks and covers topics such as transition to parenthood, sleep and settling, feeding and nutrition, and accessing community services.
New groups start at various times throughout the year and run over six weeks, facilitated by a maternal and child health nurse.
As a first-time parent, you will be invited to join a new parent group by your maternal and child health nurse.
Please note this has been postponed. For further information, call 5422 0333 or email email@example.com
Smalltalk is a free supported playgroup for parents, carers and children. It’s a friendly, relaxed and inclusive playgroup that runs each week during school terms. Smalltalk is run by a trained facilitator.
At each session:
- Parents and carers have fun with their child or children
- Babies, toddlers and pre-schoolers play and learn together
- Ideas are shared to support children’s learning and development.
Sessions are held at the following venues:
- Woodend Playgroup, 45 Forest Street, Woodend. Wednesdays 9am–11am.
- Romsey Community Hub, 96-100 Main Road, Romsey. Thursdays 11am–1pm.
To find out more and or to get involved, call Molly Peterson on 0436 839 819 or email firstname.lastname@example.org