The Macedon Ranges population is spread across nine towns and a number of smaller settlements. The largest towns are Gisborne, Kyneton, Romsey and Woodend.
- People: 52,132 (estimated resident population 2022)
- Average number of people per household: 2.65
- 24.5% aged between 0–17 years
- 23.6% aged 60 years and over
- 4% speak a language other than English at home
- 26% volunteer through an organisation or group
Local population and social data is available through the Macedon Ranges Community Profile and includes characteristics of our community, how we have changed over time and how we compare to other areas.
View interactive local maps that include data from the ABS Census to help identify patterns and trends in our shire.
Learn about drivers of population change and forecasts on how population, age structure and household types will change across the shire from 2016 to 2036 at forecast.id