The benefits associated with volunteering are numerous.
Apart from learning new skills and meeting new people, it provides an opportunity to connect and contribute to your local community and make a difference.
Macedon Ranges Shire Council acknowledges that voluntary work significantly contributes to the growth and development of social networks and social cohesion within our community, and we value our volunteers.
These volunteer roles include front of house service during Kyneton Town Hall Morning Musical performances, but can also extend to other events and venues across the Macedon Ranges Shire.
- Checking tickets and helping people to their seats
- Providing venue and performance information
- Monitoring the crowd
- Ensuring the safety of patrons
- Handing out marketing material
Tow to three hours every couple of months, mainly assisting on our Morning Musical shows.
If you would like to volunteer as an Kyneton Town Hall usher, please complete our volunteer application form
- Customer service – tour guides, greet visitors, presenting the museum collection
- Assisting with special events – helping with set up and clean up and catering.
- Garden and general maintenance.
Two hour shifts are available from 11am-1pm and 2pm-4pm, Friday to Sunday.
Other times are also available during special events and for tours.
If you wish to become a volunteer at the Kyneton Museum, please complete our volunteer application form
No previous experience in the arts or museum sectors is required, however volunteers should have:
- an interest in arts and cultural heritage activities
- good presentation, communication and client service skills.
Please note that you may be required to:
- wear a uniform identifying you as a volunteer
- provide a Police Check.