Home support

As you get older, everyday tasks can become harder. Asking for help doesn’t mean losing your independence.

The Commonwealth Home Support Program (CHSP) and Home Care Packages Program (HCP) can you access support services to continue living independently and safely at home.

Eligibility is based on factors such as your age (65 years or older; 50 years or older for Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander individuals), needs and current level of family support.

Which program is right for you?

From June 2023, Council no longer delivers these services. Home support aged care services across the shire are now delivered by local providers via My Aged Care.

If you’re having trouble with everyday tasks and feel that a little support could help, the CHSP could be right for you.

If your needs are more complex, the HCP program could be better suited to you.

A face-to-face assessment will determine your eligibility and ensure that the right services are made available to you.

Arrange an assessment

To arrange an assessment, you can:

If you have any questions or are unsure about what level of support you might need, you can contact Council’s Community Connection Officer on (03) 5422 0333