You can save time, effort and money by making a few small changes to how you pack your load before your trip to the transfer station.
Transfer stations have different charges for different materials and many recyclable materials are accepted for free, so by separating recyclables from other waste items you can save on fees.
Residents can dispose of the following materials free of charge:
- Green waste (residential)
- Electronic waste - Mobile phones, Batteries, Televisions, radios, video players, DVD players, videos and any general electric household items
- Light globes (fluorescent and CFLs only)
- Scrap metal - white good, steel. Metal cans, lawn mowers, wire, aluminium
- Paper and cardboard (please separate) - household quantities
- Glass bottles/jars and recyclable plastics
For more information on accepted items and fees visit: Accepted Items
Did you know it is illegal not to secure your load? Loose loads can be dangerous, and sometimes fatal, to you and other drivers. Motorists who fail to secure their load may be fined. Always ensure your load is correctly secured with nets, tie down straps or ropes before you head off to the Transfer Station.
For more information from VicRoads on fines for not securing your load correctly please visit: Securing your load