If you want to subdivide your land, you will need to apply for a planning permit.

Subdividing land is not always as simple as dividing one property into two individually titled properties. Depending on the size and type of your application, you may need to contribute towards infrastructure such as:

  • car parking
  • drainage, electricity, gas, sewage and water
  • landscaping, footpath and road construction works

Before you prepare your application, you should review the Macedon Ranges Planning Scheme and if relevant, the township specific plans and guidelines