Mulch for your garden
Benefits of mulch
The mulch is produced from garden organics dropped off at Council’s transfer stations, and is used on Council’s parks and gardens.
There are many benefits to mulching your garden. The most important is for water conservation.
- Mulch stops the top of the soil drying out, keeps the soil moist, and can reduce watering by about 60 per cent.
- Mulching also prevents weeds and weed seed germination, which compete with plants for moisture and nutrients.
- Mulching also keeps the soil temperature constant, and using an organic mulch means you are adding extra organic matter to the soil.
Mulching greatly improves soil conditions for the root zone of all plants.
Mulch is available to buy at Council's transfer stations.
Six cubic metre and 10 cubic metre loads can be delivered within the shire.
- Six cubic metres: $130 delivered within the shire
- 10 cubic metres: $180 delivered within the shire
- Per cubic metre, loaded by Council: $30(note: when staff available)
- Per cubic metre, self loaded: free for residents
Deliveries are made within 10 days of purchase, you will receive a call at least one day before your delivery date.
Order and pay for your mulch at any of our transfer stations. Call (03) 5422 0333 for more information.