COVID-19 financial support
New financial support measures were introduced in April 2020 to assist the community, residents, businesses, staff and sporting clubs impacted by the coronavirus pandemic.
These measures include:
- Debt collection activities on 2019/20 unpaid rates and outstanding amounts ceased on 17 March and will remained ceased until 30 September 2020.
- Interest will not be charged for overdue rates or other payments through to September 30 2020.
- Penalties for late payment of 2020/21 animal registrations due 10 April 2020 will not be applied until 30 September 2020.
- A process to allow suppliers to request earlier payment than Council’s 30-day standard terms to assist cash flow. Requests can be made by emailing email@example.com
- Groups which hold facility leases with Council are able to request a waiver of their lease fee/rent as a result of the pandemic impacting their sporting, community and hospitality venue operations.
Individuals and businesses can also apply for special consideration regarding rates payments, fees and charges by completing the application form below. Options available include deferment of rates, flexible payment plans and waivers.
Apply for special consideration
Council's Financial Hardship Policy applies to those who are suffering financial hardship or would suffer financial hardship if they paid the full amount of rates and charges or other debts.
- Read Council's Financial Hardship Policy(PDF, 708KB)
- Complete the Financial Hardship Application form
If you have any questions or require assistance completing your application, call (03) 5422 0333 or email firstname.lastname@example.org