The Macedon Ranges will be a favoured destination for escape and rejuvenation that is highly regarded for its quality nature-based experiences, artisan products, maker’s culture and authentic experiences.
With a strong focus on sustainable tourism management, the Macedon Ranges Visitor Economy Strategy 2019-2029 and action plan sets the long-term vision and strategic direction to support and grow the future visitor economy.
The key aims of the strategy are to:
- ensure growth of the visitor economy is appropriately managed to conserve the significant landscape, environmental and cultural values of the Macedon Ranges
- identify and prioritise opportunities that increase weekday visitation, length of stay, and encourage dispersal throughout the shire
- increase local employment and contribute to inclusive, healthy and vibrant communities
- build and grow the identity of the Macedon Ranges brand
- develop industry professionalism and achieve high level visitor satisfaction.
The annual action plan are developed in collaboration with members of the project reference group and key industry stakeholders.