Immunisation requirements

No Jab No Pay

If your child has completed all required vaccines (up until the age of 7 years) the issue can be that there is no link between the Australian Immunisation Register (AIR) and Centrelink's records. Parents can create the link online as follows:

  • Go to your Centrelink online account through MyGov and check the 'my profile' function.  This link cannot be created by Council or a GP; or
  • Contact the MyGov help desk on 13 23 07 (select Option 1).

If you child has not received all the required vaccines (up until the age of 7 years) you will need to contact your immunisation provider.

For more information about Federal government's No Jab No Pay, visit the Department of Human Services website.

No Jab No Play

From 1 January 2016, all parents/guardians seeking to enrol their child at an early childhood service in Victoria will be required to provide evidence that the child is:

  • fully immunised for their age, or
  • on a vaccination catch-up program; or
  • unable to be fully immunised for medical reasons.

For more information, visit No Jab No Play

Also, from 1 January 2016, child care assistance and the Family Tax Benefit Part A supplement will not be paid to families who fail to comply with immunisation requirements, or who do not have a valid exemption.