Social Support services
Our Social Support services assist older people, including those who may feel lonely or isolated, to participate and feel included in community life.
- Have a volunteer visit you at home for a chat and a cuppa, or share a meal.
- Transport to medical appointments
- Have a cuppa at a local cafe
- Grocery shopping with a Community Connections worker.
- Get a weekly or fortnightly phone call from a friendly volunteer.
These services may attract a fee dependent on income.
Please note that we are not able to provide support for chemotherapy or radiotherapy appointments, or medical procedures.
If you are interested in these services, contact My Aged Care on 1800 200 422.
To find out more about these services, contact the Healthy Ageing Engagement team on (03) 5422 0333.