Social Support services
Our services are continuing through the COVID-19 emergency, but with some modifications to keep everyone safe.
Please call us on 5422 0333 if you would like to discuss our services at this time.
Our Social Support services assist older people, including those who may feel lonely or isolated, to participate and to feel included in community life.
- Have a volunteer visit you at home for a chat and a cuppa, or to share a meal.
- A volunteer can come to your home and assist you to use your mobile, iPad or laptop.
- Get support to purchase a device e.g. a tablet or a mobile phone.
- Transport to medical appointments
- Have a cuppa at a local cafe
- Grocery shopping with a Community Connections worker.
- Get a weekly or fortnightly phone call from a friendly volunteer.
These services may attract a fee, dependent on income.
Please note that we are not able to provide support to attend chemotherapy or radiotherapy appointments, or medical procedures.
If you are interested in these services, contact My Aged Care on 1800 200 422.
To find out more about these services, contact the Healthy Ageing Engagement team on (03) 5422 0333.