Financial support and services
Centrelink, Medicare, Child Support Services
For information about Centrelink, Medicare and Child Support services if you’re impacted by coronavirus (COVID-19), visit Australian Government Services Australia
Council rates, payments and leases
Council has also introduced a range of new financial support measures:
- Debt collection activities on 2019/20 unpaid rates and outstanding amounts ceased on 17 March and will remained ceased until 30 September 2020.
- Interest will not be charged for overdue rates or other payments through to September 30 2020.
- Penalties for late payment of 2020/21 animal registrations due 10 April 2020 will not be applied until 30 September 2020.
Other existing measures to help residents, businesses, staff and sporting clubs include:
- A process to allow suppliers to request earlier payment than Council’s 30-day standard terms to assist cash flow. Requests can be made by emailing email@example.com
- Groups which hold facility leases with Council are able to request a waiver of their lease fee/rent as a result of the pandemic impacting their sporting, community and hospitality venue operations.
For more information or advice, please contact our shire-wide Recovery Operations Centre by calling (03) 5422 0237 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Gas and electricity
Households facing economic hardship because of the coronavirus are protected from having their gas or electricity disconnected. Under the changes, which started in 2019, energy retailers must provide assistance to any household that contacts them because they are having trouble paying their bills.
The assistance could include a payment plan, putting account payments on hold while customers work towards paying for their usage, or extending bill due dates.
Anyone receiving such assistance can’t be disconnected while they are participating in the hardship plan. Find out more
Victorian Energy Compare
Claim the Victorian Government's $50 Power Saving Bonus payment, which is available until 30 June 2020. To claim your bonus follow the website prompts until you get to the Compare Offers screen, where you will see a button to submit your Power Saving Bonus. Compare and claim
National Debt Hotline
If you are experiencing financial hardship contact the National Debt Helpline on 1800 007 007, to access free financial counselling. You can also find out more via the National Debt Helpline website