Community support services

Crisis accommodation

To speak with a Victorian Government housing and support worker if you are homeless, at risk of homelessness or escaping family violence, call 1800 825 955 (24 hours) or visit Crisis accommodation

safe steps Family Violence Response

Telephone counselling and referral to safe accommodation.

Call 1800 015 188 (24 hrs) or visit safe steps website

Centre for Non-Violence

Support and referral for women and children experiencing family violence

Call 1800 884 292 or visit Centre for Non-Violence

Emergency relief packages

Victoria's Emergency Relief hotline

Phone: 1800 675 398 or visit Red Cross or Foodbank websites.

Family violence

If you or someone you know is in immediate danger call 000 (triple zero).

You can leave your home if you are at risk of harm from family violence. 

All family violence services are operating.

safe steps Family Violence Response

Telephone counselling and referral to safe accommodation. Call 1800 015 188 (24 hrs) or find out how safe steps can support those seek safety during COVID-19 on their website.

Centre for Non-Violence

Support and referral for women and children experiencing family violence. Call 1800 884 292 or visit Centre for Non-Violence

1800 Respect

Sexual assault and family violence counselling service. Call 1800 737 732 (24 hours) or visit 1800 Respect

Men’s Referral Service

Men’s family violence telephone counselling and referral service. Call 1300 766 491 or visit Men's Referral Service online

Kids Helpline

For children, aged up to 25 years. Call 1800 55 1800 (24 hrs).


Financial support and hardship

If you are experiencing financial hardship, there are a range of services and agencies that can help.

For more information about Centrelink, Medicare, Child Support services and locally available financial support, please refer to our main Financial support and hardship section.

Food banks and community support


Kyneton Caring Community – Food Bank/Emergency Relief

Kyneton Caring Community provides a free foodbank, an emergency relief service (clothing and household items, etc.) and a need assessment and referral service to other agencies and service providers in the local area.

Call 5422 1163 (10am-3pm) or 0420 473 041 (after hours) or visit Kyneton Caring Community

Kyneton Community House - Online Community Care Register

This register will match up those in need with others in the community who can assist. Any assistance provided will need to be done with your own health in mind and social distancing measures will need to be taken.

To find out more, contact Kyneton Community House 


Gisborne Community Care Foodbank

The Gisborne Community Care Foodbank provides fresh fruit and vegetables, baked goods, pantry items and general household items to those individuals and families in need within our Macedon Ranges community.

Call 0492 850 520 or email

Gisborne Helping Hands

A local initiative of volunteers to support older people to do their shopping or to have a chat with.

Call  5428 2079 or 0418 468 327


Lancefield Romsey Community Support

The Lancefield and Romsey Neighbourhood Houses are coordinating a range of activities including deliveries of paid orders from local businesses, phone support and emergency food relief. Call 0491 243 996 for more information.


Woodend Neighbourhood House

Woodend Neighbourhood House are planning to offer community support around phone support, deliveries of paid orders from local businesses and other relief options. For more information, visit their website or call the Neighbourhood House on 5427 1845.


Malmsbury Coronavirus Community Support

Sustainable Malmsbury have established a community care network to support Malmsbury residents. If you need help with picking up food and prescriptions, having meals dropped off or are able to be a helper then contact the group on 0472 721 798 or email

Legal advice and housing support

Loddon Campaspe Community Legal Centre

The Loddon Campaspe Community Legal Centre provides free legal advice in areas that include child protection, family violence, parenting arrangements, and dept. They are still operating via telephone or via link meetings.

Housing Justice

Mental health

Head to Health

Head to Health is committed to providing Australians with trusted information and digital supports to help support everyone's mental health and wellbeing during this pandemic. This site covers where to get the facts about the COVID-19 outbreak, tips for maintaining good mental health, information on how to access mental health services, information for parents, and how to keep older Australians safe and connected by helping them get established online.


Lifeline is a non-profit organisation that provides free, 24-hour Telephone Crisis Support service in Australia. Call 13 11 14

Beyond Blue

Beyond Blue has fact sheets about anxiety and offers other practical advice and resources or you can call them on 1300 22 4636

Older People and People with Disabilities

Council provides a range of services to support older people and people with disabilities to remain independent and living in the community. Council will continue to provide essential services to our clients at this time, which includes personal care, home shopping and domestic assistance.

For more information contact My Aged Care or call 1800 200 422

Intereach is the partner in the community for the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS). Their role is to link individuals to the NDIS, provide information and support in the community. Call 1300 488 226 or email

Easy Read government information

A range of Easy Read fact sheets and resources are available from The Information Access Group.


Volunteer Central Victoria

Volunteer Central Victoria is operating via telephone, email and online inquiries for anyone who wishes to register as a volunteer.

You can register as a volunteer or a volunteer-involving organisation online