Floods and storms
Storms and floods are a serious threat to property and life and can occur at any time of the year.
You can help to stay safe by following these tips:
- Download the Vic Emergency App
- Tune in to ABC radio (ABC 774) for updates and weather warnings
- Regularly check the Bureau of Meteorology (BOM)
- Make sure your emergency kit is ready and easily accessible
- Secure all loose outdoor furniture and objects
- Make sure your pets and animals are safely sheltered
- Disconnect electrical appliances that are not in use
- Clear all guttering and downpipes
- Never enter canals, streams or rivers when in flood
- Never enter flood waters. This includes waterways and roads.
For assistance during a flood or storm, call the State Emergency Service (SES) on 13 25 00.
For more tips on how to prepare for a floods and storms, visit the SES website