Disabled parking permits


A disabled parking permit allows residents to park in designated parking spaces located throughout the shire. These parking spaces are located close to building entrances and are wider than your average parking space to assist those who rely on mobility aids, such as a walking frame.

Disabled parking permits may be issued for a driver, passenger or both and different types of permits are issued depending on the disability. For example, a large bay permit is issued for residents requiring aids such as a wheelchair or a four legged frame. An extra time permit is issued where the applicant may require additional time for rest breaks.

Apply for a permit

Download a copy of the disabled parking application form and arrange an appointment with your local doctor or specialist as they are required to complete a section of the form.

If you are applying on behalf of a registered organisation that provides a transport service, you must complete the disabled parking application form for organisations.

Renew a permit

A disabled parking permit renewal letter will be sent to permanent permit holders about one month prior to the permit's expiry date.

This form does not need to be completed by a medical practitioner/specialist.

If you are a permanent permit holder but do not receive a renewal letter, contact Council on  (03) 5422 0333.

Cancel a permit

A permit is automatically cancelled after the expiry date.  If you no longer use your permit, please return it to Council.

Travelling interstate

Yes. Victorian disability parking permits are recognised in all states and territories. For further information, visit VicRoads or the Australian Disability Parking Scheme

Restricted locations

Parking is not permitted in restricted locations such as clearways, no standing and no parking areas, taxi only areas and bus zones.

Temporary permits

Temporary parking permits may be issued for a range of disabilities that require three, six or 12 months to improve.

To extend a temporary permit, a new application will need to be provided including certification from  the medical practitioner/specialist.

Renewal notices are not sent out for temporary permits.