On Monday 3 February, your garden bin became your FOGO bin.
What is FOGO and how it works
For more information about how to use your FOGO bin, see Food Organics Garden Organics (FOGO), download our Let's get sorted guide(PDF, 1MB) or for a complete list, refer to our A-Z waste guide of what goes where
Find out your bin collection day
Your collection day and the bins you need to put out for collection each week depend on the area that you live in.
Search your address online to find out when your next bin collection day is and download a calendar.
Putting your bin out correctly
- Put your bin out the night before your collection day.
- Leave a 1 metre gap between each bin and any obstructions, e.g. trees, cars, power poles.
- Place bins close to the road with handles facing your property.
- Ensure bins are closed.
- Do not over-fill bins or leave rubbish beside them. This will not be collected.
- Bins must not weigh more than 80 kilograms when collected.