Your 140 litre rubbish bin (red or dark green lid) is for all general household waste that is non-recyclable, and is collected every week.
Do's and don'ts
- Don't overfill your bin so that the lid can't close as this will attract animals.
- Don't leave rubbish next to your bin as it will not be collected.
- Do position your bin with the handle facing away form the road and 1 metre away from obstructions such as trees and walls.
- Do make sure your bin weighs less that 150 kg, otherwise the truck cannot lift it.
- Don't put any of these in your rubbish bin:
- Garden clippings
- Paint or solvents
- Building materials
- Pesticides, oils or chemicals
- Hot or cold coals.