Order bins

Register for the bin collection service 

New residential property owners can order a new set of bins by providing Council with a copy of a Certificate of Occupancy. Simply email a copy of your certificate to mrsc@mrsc.vic.gov.au or visit a Council Service Centre

Bins can only be ordered by the owner of the property once you have finished building, provided a copy of the Certificate of Occupancy and have had the property rated by Council. 

Once the order is placed, bins will be delivered during the next two collection days in your area, and they must be moved inside the property boundary as soon as possible. The charges will be applied to your rates, from date of delivery.

We do not provide skip bins or hard rubbish collections.

Existing rural property owners who have not yet arranged a service to their property can do so by completing a kerbside collection service request form(PDF, 180KB) / kerbside collection service request form(DOCX, 155KB)

Garden bins are available to township areas only and are a mandatory charge.

Garden bin exemptions can apply to commercial or industrial rated properties, units or properties greater than 1 hectare (10,000 sq. metres).

Order extra bins 

If you regularly overfill your bins, you can either take the extra material to your nearest transfer station, or request extra rubbish, recycling or garden bins. Fees apply.


Fees apply to both residential and commercial properties. All Council fees and charges are reviewed annually as part of Council's budget process.

Bin type

Annual fee







*Garbage bins incur an EPA Landfill Levy of $31 (included in price above).

To order extra bins, fill out our bin request form. This form must be completed by the owner of the property. If you rent, your landlord must complete it.