Decisions from the Scheduled Council Meeting — 24 February 2021
Published on 26 February 2021
Council’s monthly Scheduled Council Meeting was held on Wednesday 24 February 2021 and a summary of major decisions is provided below.
- To issue a notice of refusal for planning permit PLN/2020/121 for the development of six dwellings and the waiver of one visitor car parking space at 74 Hamilton Street and 27 Lyell Street, Gisborne.
- That the application for an 87-lot subdivision at 85 Harpers Lane, Kyneton, was not supported, and would have been refused by Council if an appeal to VCAT had not already been made. Council felt the proposal did not take into account the heritage values of the bluestone pavement within Harpers Lane and was contrary to the Planning Scheme.
- To revoke the delegation of the CEO to award contract C21.1097 Banking and Bill Payment Services and have the contract come to a Council meeting for decision following completion of a competitive tender process.
- Council resolved to appoint Magdalena Williams to the Audit and Risk Committee for the period of 2021-2023, and to thank all candidates who expressed interest in the role.
- To note information regarding bus bay and shelter on the corner of Main Street and Reynolds Grove, Romsey and associated funding approach.
- To note the Macedon Ranges Shire Council has accepted the Federal Government Local Roads and Community Infrastructure Extension, and projects provided for in the application.
- Council endorsed a Notice of Motion from Cr Geoff Neil that the land located at 284 Kilmore Road, Gisborne, known as Glen Junor, be removed from the draft Gisborne Futures project.
Minutes for the meeting will be available within five working days and available to download from Council's meetings page.