Council closes facilities and alters services during 5 day lockdown
Published on 12 February 2021
Macedon Ranges Shire Council’s public facilities will be closed from 11:59pm tonight until 11:59pm on Wednesday following the announcement by the State Government of a 5 day lockdown. Events, non-essential bookings and in-person community consultations will be also be cancelled during this time.
Services and facilities to close:
- Customer Service Centres will be closed to the public for the 5 day lockdown period
- Libraries will close for the 5 day lockdown period
- Aquatic and Leisure facilities will close for the 5 day lockdown period
- Hanging Rock will close for the 5 day lockdown period
- Events and facility bookings (other than those for emergency/childcare support) will be cancelled for the 5 day lockdown period
- Any community consultations involving face to face drop in’s will not go ahead for the next five days
Services and facilities that remain open:
- Kindergartens will remain open from Monday-Wednesday next week during the lockdown period
- School crossing staff will continue to provide services
- Next week’s special Council meeting will be held virtually
- Maternal and Child Health services will revert to providing services virtually unless there is a clinical need to see clients in person
- Community Care will continue to provide critical services and defer any non-essential appointments
The COVID-19 Recovery Operations Centre was set up last year and continues to respond to community requests for help and information. For local information and support contact Customer Service on (03) 5422 0333 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. More information is also available at our Working together to support our community through COVID-19 page.
Council recognises that this is a challenging time for you, your family, friends and neighbours and that the pandemic is causing hardship, disruption and anxiety in our community.
For more information on COVID-19, visit the Australian Government Department of Health, health.gov.au and the Victorian Department of Health and Human Services.