COVID-19 Restrictions: Update to Council services 15 July 2021
Published on 15 July 2021
With the reintroduction of COVID-19 restrictions in regional and metropolitan Victoria from 11.59pm on Thursday 15 July, select Macedon Ranges Shire Council facilities and services will close.
Services and facilities to close during the lockdown period:
- Aquatic and Leisure facilities
- Events and facility bookings (other than those for emergency/childcare support) will be cancelled
- Any community consultations involving face-to-face drop-in sessions will not go ahead
- Customer Service Centres will close at all sites
- Libraries and Toy Libraries will close
- Visitor Information Centres will close
- Hanging Rock will close
Services and facilities permitted to remain open:
- Kindergartens will remain open
- School crossing staff will continue to provide services
- Maternal and Child Health services will revert to providing services virtually unless there is a clinical need to see clients in person
- Community Care will continue to provide critical services and defer any non-essential appointments
- Resource recovery and bin collection will still occur as scheduled
Macedon Ranges Shire Council’s COVID-19 Recovery Operations Centre was set up last year and continues to respond to community requests for help and information. For local information and support, please contact Customer Service on 5422 0333 or email email@example.com.
For more information on COVID-19, visit the
For a detailed table on activities restricted across Victoria go to the Victorian Premier's statement.