Feedback was invited on a community plan for local action on climate change, which was developed during 2020.
A number of local community members worked to develop the plan and are keen for it to be meaningful to the wider community in and around Woodend.
The plan outlines actions to build on existing community activity for sustainability, under the themes:
- Natural environment, water and biodiversity
- Waste, recycling and the circular economy
- Sustainable and secure transport
- Secure, efficient and renewable energy
- Food security and regenerative agriculture
- Health and wellbeing
- Better built environment
Importantly, all themes and actions are supported by the overarching principles of (getting) People on Board (to work towards) Zero Net Emissions.
Feedback will help the project participants to refine the plan and ensure it reflects the values and priorities of the broader Woodend community.