2009 Bushfire Commemoration Grants
With the 10 year anniversary of the 2009 bushfires approaching, the Victorian Government's 2009 Victorian Bushfires Commemoration and Community Development Grants Scheme will support communities and councils across Victoria to commemorate or connect with those affected by the bushfires.
Grants of up to $5,000 will be available for:
- commemorative events organised by community groups or councils
- restoration or rejuvenation of existing memorials to the 2009 bushfire events
- community development activities or initiatives that:
- improve community connectedness, social wellbeing and collaboration
- build, promote and strengthen a sense of community identity
- promote community health and wellbeing.
Please read the guidelines before completing a Grant application. Applications are made to Council and will close 5pm, Monday 8 October 2018.
Applications for funding will be recommended to Local Government Victoria (LGV) by Monday 15 October 2018. Applicants will be notified if their application has been successful no later than Saturday 10 November 2018.
For more information, visit the 2009 Bushfires Commemoration and Community Development Grants Scheme or contact Jill Karena, Manager Community Development via firstname.lastname@example.org or (03) 5422 0333.