How to I obtain my immunisation history or certificates?

Australian Childhood Immunisation Register

In 1996, the Australian Childhood Immunisation Register (ACIR) was established to maintain records for any child (up to the age of 7) that was born on or after 1 January 1996 and immunised in Australia.  This includes any immunisation's given by a doctor, Council or hospital.

After a child has received a vaccination in Australia, a record is sent to ACIR.  Once a child has completed the childhood National Immunisation Program (usually at four years of age) an immunisation history statement is sent, which can be used as a school entry immunisation certificate.

 If you require an immunisation history statement or school entry immunisation certificate for your child or for more information about the register you can contact ACIR on 1800 653 809 or the ACIR website.  It is important that ACIR is notified of any changes to your details.

Immunised before 1996?

Macedon Ranges Shire Council maintains immunisation records for people who receive vaccinations in the Macedon Ranges Shire area.  This includes immunisation's give at primary school or secondary school.  If you require a record of any immunisation's that were given by Macedon Ranges Shire Council you can contact the Health Department on 03 5422 0333 or email

If you require a record of any vaccinations that were given by another provider such as a doctor, health clinic or another Council you will need to contact them directly.  If you were born on or after 1 January 1996 and require an immunisation history statement you should contact the Australian Childhood Immunisation Register.

Visit the Department of Transport, Planning and Local Infrastructure website where you can find contact details for all other Council's in Victoria.  If you need to find a Council located in another state please visit the Australian Government website.

Does my child have to have a Primary School Entry Immunisation Status Certificate?

Your child must have a school entry immunisation status certificate for enrolment into primary school.  This certificate is:

  • A current record of your child's immunisation's
  • A legal requirement on enrolment to primary school in Victoria
  • Something that will assist health authorities in protecting children in the event of a vaccine preventable disease occurring at school.  An unvaccinated child may be excluded from school for a period of time.

Homeopathic immunisation is not a recognized form of immunisation and is not acceptable under the legislation and cannot be listed on an immunisation status certificate.

School entry immunisation status certificates can be obtained from:

  • The Australian Childhood Immunisation Register - 1800 653 809; or
  • Log in to MyGov

Please note:: Macedon Ranges Council no longer provides school entry immunisation certificates.  A record of immunisation's given by Macedon Ranges Shire can be provided however this may not be complete if your child received any of their immunisation's through another Council, overseas or at a doctor or medical clinic.

Was this page useful?

Mandatory fields are marked with an asterisk (*)

Please enter the code from the image below to continue: *