This award winning initiative aims to increase understanding, reduce stigma and improve mental health knowledge in our shire. The Live4Life initiative is run in five secondary schools in the Macedon Ranges:
- Braemar College
- Gisborne Secondary College
- Kyneton Secondary College
- Sacred Heart College
- Sunbury and Macedon Ranges Specialist School - Bullengarook campus
Year 8 students participate in Live4Life through their school and will get to:
- attend exciting events like the launch and end of year celebration
- learn about mental health in their classrooms and beyond
- enter the Live4Life competition (held from July–September every year)
- have the opportunity to join the Live4Life Crew in Year 9 to represent their school, learn leadership opportunities and mentor younger students.
Teen Mental Health First Aid is also delivered to all Year 11 students so that they can provide mental health first aid to their friends.
Get involved and be proactive in understanding mental health issues affecting young people: We offer Youth Mental Health first aid courses throughout the year.
Youth Mental Health First Aid
This course is $30 to all residents within the Macedon Ranges Shire. For all other individuals, the cost is $150 per person.
Thursday 15 March and Friday 16 March, 9am–5pm
Parents and community, Romsey Neighbourhood House
Friday 20 April and Friday 27 April, 9am–5pm
Teachers only, Kyneton Town Hall
Friday 15 June and Friday 22 June, 9am–5pm
Parents and community, Kyneton Town Hall
Tuesday 7, 24 and 31 July and 7 August, 6.30pm–10pm
Evening sessions, men only, Holgate Brewhouse
Saturday 13 October, 9am–5pm and Tuesday 16 and 23 October, 6pm–9.30pm
Parents and community, Gisborne Administration Centre, Council Chambers
Teachers and youth service providers
There are separate Youth Mental Health First Aid courses available that are specifically for teachers and youth service providers within the Macedon Ranges.
For more information, email email@example.com or call (03) 5422 0337.
We acknowledge the important role that a family play in the health and wellbeing of their young people. We can provide information and referrals for additional support to parents and carers if needed. Contact the Youth development unit on 5422 0221.
Local parent resources and support
- Cobaw Community Health 5421 1666
- Local GPs
Other resources and contacts