The Youth Development unit is committed to empowering young people to progress areas of interest in their community and be involved in local decision making. Young people in the Macedon Ranges are doing more than just talk about change; they are making it happen by pitching ideas to local leaders as part of leadership programs.
The crew is a group of motivated young people interested in making change in their community by promoting positive mental health amongst their peers.
To be part of the crew, you must:
- be in Year 9.
- attend one of the five Live4Life schools.
- attend regular meetings after school and or during school holidays at the Youth Space in Kyneton.
- be willing to get involved in the presentation of the launch, competition and celebration events.
- participate in leadership training.
- have an interest in positive mental health promotion.
Visit the Live4Life website to find out more about this award winning initiative or contact Loren Polzot on phone (03) 5422 0275.
The Youth Ambassadors Program is a youth leadership initiative, bringing together young people aged 16-18 years from our local schools and community and providing them with opportunities to develop their leadership potential over a 12 month period.
Applications open in mid-November for the following year and all participants must be available to attend a three day leadership camp around the final week of the school holidays in the January.
Over the 12 months, the group participate in a diverse range of activities aimed to enhance their understanding and application of leadership skills on a local and broader level. The role also includes:
- representing young people’s views and experiences directly to Council
- being available to provide consultation to other Council departments where the youth voice is required
- identifying and responding to specific youth issues
- supporting the planning and delivery of the annual Macedon Ranges Youth Awards .
For more information, or to express your interest in a leadership position, contact our Youth Development unit on (03) 5422 0333.
The MITS crew are a group of fun and enthusiastic young people that organise and promote events in the Macedon Ranges aged 14-25 with an interest in the music industry. You can join the MITS crew if you are interested in:
- event management
- sound and lighting
- photography and videography
The MITS crew meet each Tuesday from 4.30pm-6pm at the Woodend Community Centre (food provided).
For more information, check out the MITS Facebook page or email Charlotte at firstname.lastname@example.org