This award winning initiative aims to increase understanding, reduce stigma and improve mental health knowledge in our shire. The Live4Life initiative is run in five secondary schools in the Macedon Ranges:
- Braemar College
- Gisborne Secondary College
- Kyneton Secondary College
- Sacred Heart College
- Sunbury and Macedon Ranges Specialist School - Bullengarook campus
Year 8 students participate in Live4Life through their school and will get to:
- attend exciting events like the launch and end of year celebration
- learn about mental health in their classrooms and beyond
- enter the Live4Life competition (held from July–September every year)
- have the opportunity to join the Live4Life Crew in Year 9 to represent their school, learn leadership opportunities and mentor younger students.
Teen Mental Health First Aid is also delivered to all Year 11 students so that they can provide mental health first aid to their friends.
Get involved and be proactive in understanding mental health issues affecting young people: We offer Youth Mental Health first aid courses throughout the year.
Youth Mental Health First Aid
This course is $30 to all residents within the Macedon Ranges Shire. For all other individuals, the cost is $150 per person.
New training to be announced in 2019.
Teachers and youth service providers
There are separate Youth Mental Health First Aid courses available that are specifically for teachers and youth service providers within the Macedon Ranges.
For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (03) 5422 0337.
We acknowledge the important role that a family play in the health and wellbeing of their young people. We can provide information and referrals for additional support to parents and carers if needed. Contact the Youth development unit on (03) 5422 0221.
Local parent resources and support
Other resources and contacts