Permits, Licences & Laws

Permits, Licences & Laws

Sometimes a permit or licence is required to operate a business in the Macedon Ranges. Find out what permits you might need and how to apply.

In this section...

Managing food waste for businesses

Businesses that prepare and sell food, such as restaurants, bakeries, hotels, fast food outlets and hospitals, have a responsibility to dispose of food waste appropriately.

Public Health Regulations – personal care and body art premises

Registration of personal care and body art businesses including hairdressers, beauty therapists, tattooing, piercing and colonic irrigation.

Accommodation and tourism businesses

Registration of B&B, hotels, motels, hostels, residential accommodation, student dormitories, holiday camps and rooming houses.

Animal business permits

Animal businesses such as pet shops, shelters/pounds, boarding kennels and breeding or training establishments need a Council permit to operate.

Permit advice for businesses

Find out what licences, permits and approvals you might need to set up or expand your business in the Macedon Ranges.

Running an event

Advice on running an event in the Macedon Ranges, including permits, rubbish, toilets, serving food and alcohol, activities on roads, seating, signs and venue hire.

Food premises and safety

Food safety requirements and registration of food premises in Macedon Ranges Shire Council

Street furniture

Find out what you need to do to have furniture or accessories for public use outside of your business.