Landcare project support
Supporting Landcare and other environment groups
Council is committed to providing ongoing support and resources to assist Landcare and environment groups. These community organisations work closely with Council to protect significant local flora and fauna on both public and private land.
Early each year, Council sends groups a Landcare and environment group funding application. Groups can apply for up to $800 to support works.
What activities will be funded?
- Administration: e.g. photocopying, project auditing, production of information such as brochures or videos, postage, advertising, promotion.
- On-ground works: e.g. tree planting, weed control, purchase of chemicals, planting materials.
- Training: e.g. Agricultural Chemical Users Permit Course, First Aid, etc.
- Community education: e.g. environmental workshops, attending festivals and shows, creating information and maintenance of a website.
What activities will not be funded?
- Conference attendance fees or conference display fees.
- Works outside the Shire of Macedon Ranges.
Who can apply?
- Groups eligible for funding include Landcare and environmental friends groups.
- Definition of a Landcare Group is a not-for-profit organisation with a membership with Landcare Victoria, open to all members of the public, that conducts activities or promotes sustainable management of private and/or public land.
- Definition of an environmental friends group is a group that works to protect and enhance the conservation values of a specific site or area through on-ground works and community education.
- Groups must operate within the Macedon Ranges Shire.
- Late applications may not be funded if all funds have been allocated.
- Funding will not be provided to groups that have not spent the previous year’s grant.
- Receipts or other documents may be requested at the discretion of Council to verify submitted acquittals.
- Groups must have their own current public liability and accident insurance.
- Funding must be spent by the end of February in the following year.
- A copy of the group’s most recent AGM minutes and treasurer’s report must also accompany the grant application.
Maximum funding available per group is $800 (excluding GST).
To request a Landcare and Environment Group Funding Application form or ask a question, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Landcare Tool Trailer
Council has a Landcare Tool Trailer which groups can borrow for free. The tool trailer provides groups with basic tools to undertake working bees such as saws, digging equipment and a first aid kit.
To hire the Tool Trailer, email us at email@example.com